Cool animations with Messages on Big Sur
In messages App, when you type certain phrases like
- Pew Pew
- Happy Birthday
- Happy New Year
Messages app automatically uses the corresponding effects. So, the next time, you want to send a congratulatory message, simply enter these phrases and send them. The app will automatically add the suitable effect to spice up the conversation.
At any time you want to rev up the mood of the message, you can also manually choose from a variety of predefined animated effects.
1. Launch Messages app on your Mac.
2. Start a new conversation.
3. Type your message which you want to send to your friend. Then, click on the App Store icon to the left of the iMessage text field.
4. Next up, select Message Effects on the menu.
5. Choose the desired effect from plenty of options including balloons, confetti, fireworks, love, and more depending on the theme of the message or your mood.
6. Once you have selected a preferred effect, hit the arrow to send the iMessage with the effect.
Just in case you are willing to send a very special message with a bit of privacy, choose the invisible link effect. With the invisible ink, your iMessage will remain blurred until the recipient clicks on it to reveal it.
Happy to share!